Day 5: Marble Racetrack with Serving Pink Lemonade


Hi! I'm Amy from Serving Pink Lemonade. My sister Jeanine and I created our little corner of the blogging world to share some of the fun things we do with our kids to keep them busy and happy. At Serving Pink Lemonade you can find kid crafts and food crafts, homemade toys, learning games, book reviews, travel ideas, projects just for mom, and more. We'd love for you to stop by!

We're excited to be here at Home Spun Threads today and participating in the Summer Soiree.

Pool noodles make for great summer fun. This activity is perfect for summertime when pool noodles can be found at just about every store--but you don't need a swimming pool for this activity. Anyone can do it, and your kids will love it.


To make the racetrack I took my dollar store pool noodle and cut it in half. I found that a serrated knife made a much cleaner cut than a regular knife. I then used toothpicks to secure each half of the noodle side by side.
Now it's time to get your kids involved. Have them help by making a starting line . . .

And a finish line, along with any other accessories they would like, such as flags.

Then add a box to the bottom of the track to catch all your marbles and you're ready to race.
My kids love this activity. They will race marbles for hours. It's a perfect indoor activity for a rainy day or can be taken outside so you can enjoy some sunshine. I hope you'll give it a try and have as much fun with it as we have!

32 comments:

Mandy@SugarBeeCrafts said...

what a great idea!

tracy_a said...

fantastic idea - thanks for sharing!

A.J. Dub said...

How fun!

Jamie said...

wonderful! I'd love for this post to be linked up to It's Playtime this week! What a fun playful idea!!

kimberly said...

This is an AWESOME idea. Totally doing it!

Almost Unschoolers said...

That's terrific!

Shaylalynne said...

This falls in the category: "I wish I'd thought of that!"
What a great idea! And so simple!

Aimee Larsen said...

I've got to find a pool noodle ASAP! My boys are at this moment rolling marbles down the steps. This is perfect for us!

Purplegirl911 said...

I love this idea, we will be getting a pool noodle asap! Trying to stock pile ideas for the summer ahead and this one is great!

Crystal Black said...

I have two boys who love to race things. This will be perfect for them!

Maria Matter said...

Brilliant idea, I love this!

Miranda5617 said...

LOVE.

Saquinn50 said...

Great activity do to with my grandkids when I babysit them!!

GrammaCrafty said...

What a great idea!  I can't wait until my grandkids (6 & 4) come over again so they can play with this.  I hope you can find pool noodles at this time of year.

Janet said...

Just happened to pick up some of these pool noodles at a yard sale the other day and now I know what to do with them.  I am sure the boys will love them. Thanks!!

Chikqadee7 said...

Had pinned this on Pinterest a few months ago and picked up a noodle today.  My son is loving racing his marbles right now.  Thanks so much.

Thestuffofsuccess said...

This is an awesome project.  I will have to do this - I have two special needs children who would seriously play with this for hours!  I am stopping in from TheStuffofSuccess and I am your newest follower.  Feel free to stop by and say hello - have a terrific week. Athena

Jdaniel4smom said...

This looks like a lot of fun!

Kim said...

I was searching for an object lesson for our preschoolers for VBS on I Corinthians 9:24...this will work wonderfully!  Thanks!

Rtbrod said...

Try cutting with an electric knife.  Generally works very well on foam/

Rachael said...

So simple and so fun!

Andrea said...

Excellent I love it!!

Lea said...

I made this with my 3yr old son yesterday - amazing fun. Thanks for the idea !

Snowmoe said...

Love it, A new way to use old noodles., I also  stand up sidewalk chalk in a row and using a whole noodle drop a marble in the toop and it will roll through and knock down the chalk Have fun :) snowmoe

Sarah said...

This is such a great idea!! I featured you in a post about pool noodles: All Things with Purpose: Use Your Noodle

Rhonda/ParentingSquad.com said...

Just did this activity today with my two older boys. It's not perfect, and we have a few structural issues to work out, but they like it. Thanks for the idea!

madelyn said...

i tried your idea and now it's my school project

Diana said...

I love your Noodle Race Track :-}}} and my Kids love it to . Thanx a lot it is fun

Jenny said...

Great idea! This will be a fun activity to do inside on these cold winter days! I would love for you to share this idea on my linky party, my readers will love this idea!
http://www.fivelittlechefs.com/2013/01/fantastic-thursday-27.html

starfallplay said...

Kids are having great time with innovative marble track.

paty said...

BuenĂ­sima idea para mis nietos

sunny S said...

Only good as long as they are closely monitored as children this small should NOT be playing with marbles...

Your friend in Christ,

               

Blog Archive