Day 17: Ice Cream in a Bag with All The Little Things
Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag!
I'm Marybeth from Life and Thoughts and All The Little Things. My kids Love Ice Cream, especially Homemade Ice Cream. However I usually don't want to get a big contraption of an Ice Cream Maker out. I ran across this idea over at Kaboose, a website I may fall in Love with!! (Along with several blogs I've been finding!) I think this little activity is fun for all ages. My four year old got a little tired with it, but she thought it was super neat! And she can't wait to make it on a hot day this summer! (my favorite part about this recipe is that I had all the ingredients and did not need to make a special trip to the store.)
What You Will Need:
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 cup milk or half & half
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 tablespoons rock salt
- 1 pint-size plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc)
- 1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag
- Ice cubes
- If you want you could add berries, a little syrup, or even sprinkles..
- Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag.
- Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
- Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it again carefully.
- Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
- Wipe off the top of the small bag, then open it carefully. Enjoy!
And Some Cute Ice Cream Books to Check out at your local Library: