Day 17: Ice Cream in a Bag with All The Little Things

Tuesday, May 17, 2011 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments


Homemade Ice Cream in a Bag!

I'm Marybeth from Life and Thoughts and All The Little Things.  My kids Love Ice Cream, especially Homemade Ice Cream. However I usually don't want to get a big contraption of an Ice Cream Maker out. I ran across this idea over at Kaboose, a website I may fall in Love with!! (Along with several blogs I've been finding!) I think this little activity is fun for all ages. My four year old got a little tired with it, but she thought it was super neat! And she can't wait to make it on a hot day this summer! (my favorite part about this recipe is that I had all the ingredients and did not need to make a special trip to the store.)

What You Will Need:
  • 1 tablespoon sugar
  • 1/2 cup milk or half & half
  • 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
  • 6 tablespoons rock salt
  • 1 pint-size plastic food storage bag (e.g., Ziploc) 
  • 1 gallon-size plastic food storage bag
  • Ice cubes
  • If you want you could add berries, a little syrup, or even sprinkles.. 

How to Make it:
  1. Fill the large bag half full of ice, and add the rock salt. Seal the bag. 
  2. Put milk, vanilla, and sugar into the small bag, and seal it.
  3. Place the small bag inside the large one, and seal it again carefully.
  4. Shake until the mixture is ice cream, which takes about 5 minutes.
  5. Wipe off the top of the small bag, then open it carefully. Enjoy!
(Make Sure to Wipe the Bag off, You dont want any Rock Salt in Your Ice Cream!!)






And Some Cute Ice Cream Books to Check out at your local Library:


1 comment:

  1.  HOW fun it that!  I will have to try it!  My 6 year old and 4 yr old would love it!  Thanks for sharing.  Kristy from www.apronsandapples.blogspot.com 

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!