Old Door = Love

Monday, February 07, 2011 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments


I can not express my love for old doors (and windows).  The feeling is just too enormous.  This door was my sewing table.  Now it is just adding a touch of beautiful to my living room.  It all started with that sad little phone...it needed a table, the table needed a friend.  My husband hated this table in our entry way but he LOVES it here.  He's happy, I'm happy!

In case you are wondering, I have a new sewing table from another door and this time, I covered it with one large sheet of salvaged plexi-glass.  My sewing room is now in the old nursery with beautiful periwinkle blue walls and clouds that look like they are floating by...you need pictures. 

I have decided that I should no longer decorate in the fall, the oranges and yellows in a house with dark floors and not enough white doesn't suit my moods.  I've found that I NEED calming colors, cool hues and clean whites.  Now, if I can just get 3 little boys to help me keep it that way. 

Also, I collect those beautiful blue jars, I think they are almost in every room of my house...I love them too!

1 comment:

  1. Bealtifull.
    Kiss for you
    Magali Portella

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!