Praise the Lord for Spring

Sunday, April 03, 2011 Aimee Larsen 2 Comments

When I went away to college I turned a little OCD.  I was so proud to finally be on my own.  With the help of my Mom we furnished the apartment with her old furniture and let me tell you, I kept a spic and span place to live.  I would obsess about every detail.  The hangers in my closet were all the same and evenly spaced, the kitchen cabinets were neatly organized, the laundry was folded perfectly and put away perfectly.  I don't know what sparked in me to be that way but I'm here to tell you today, it was a battle I lost after getting married and having kids.


I spent my week cleaning house, not just cleaning but organizing and putting away everything in its proper place...can you tell?  It only takes my kids one good afternoon of playing inside to completely destroy their rooms.


And one evening alone home with Dad for a few hours to destroy what's left of the house.  As much I would like to say that I stay cool and calm when this happens, I have to confess that I do not.  As a matter of fact when I tried to make a point to say, I cleaned all week and now look what you have done, even my husband becomes defensive as if I am blaming him.  Actually, I shouldn't blame him or even the kids, they're ALL just kids after all.  I blame the weather, because as soon as it is pretty enough for them to go outside, that's where I find them.




I love it when they are outside and I love how their imaginations soar.  Evan came pushing his wheelbarrow full of sand and said, "Me and Jake are going to New York City."  I don't know what they were going to do in New York City but it definitely involved sand.  James and I worked on cleaning up our yard and then when I came inside they only thing that I could tell that didn't need straightening were my books and that is okay with me. 


Awe!   I love spring.


Ecclesiastes 3:1-22 ESV

For everything there is a season, and a time for every matter under heaven: a time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted; a time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to break down, and a time to build up; a time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance; a time to cast away stones, and a time to gather stones together; a time to embrace, and a time to refrain from embracing; ...

2 comments:

  1. I know the feeling, I am just so tired of always tidying and cleaning, but then, when I think of all the fun they've had playing - specially now that we can be outside - I kind of have to just smile about it anyway. I love your blog - and your focus on God. Tone

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems my house looks like that all the time no matter how much I clean or ummm, complain! So I just keep going and remind myself there will come a day when I will miss the mess....because that will mean my babies have grown and flown the nest! I don't want to wish these (messy) moments away because they will be gone soon enough.

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!