A Gift Kids Can Make For Friends

Thursday, December 17, 2009 Aimee Larsen 5 Comments


Apparently making slime is not my thing tonight.  Cooper and I made a nice patch of green slime and was ready to make a nice batch of red but something went terribly wrong.  I don't know what.  I think I may have put to much Borax in by accident in the beginning.  It's hard to pay attention to what you are doing with 2 other tired little ones crying because they want to turn flips in the kitchen and you aren't letting them.


The green slime turned out perfect after it was mixed well.  But this is what it looks like mid mixing.  Next came the red, and Christmas Red food coloring is much more aggressive than leaf green as you can see.  My husband is in awe of my hands and since the solution didn't work and I ended up with a large rubber ball, I had to goto Target with hot pink hands and buy more glue.

After all was said and done I ended up with some very nice gifts for the kids in Coopers class.  Yes, I'm that mom that sends slime for a gift.  HA HA!




5 comments:

  1. We make this in school and to make it less messy we let the kids knead the goop inside a plastic baggy. Works very well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun idea! Thanks so much for yet another fabulous giftable creation. I'll be linking.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We made some the other night too...rubber ball! :-( Any ideas on what went wrong???

    ReplyDelete
  4. My mom and Steve said that they saw you at Target with your pink hands. I told mom I got to see them too on your blog lol

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Aimee! You visited my blog today so I was just stopping in to check you out. I like what I see here. I think its important for kids to make gifts rather than buy them. I also know that they deserve freedom from prejudice/discrimination. I'm urging you and your readers to teach cultural diversity at an early age so that all of our kids can live comfortably in their own skin as adults.

    Join our forces for a more diverse future for our children by subscribing at http://themerrymakingco.com/about

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!