Don't Blink....

Friday, October 23, 2009 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments



This week has been overwhelming for me, realizing my babies are getting bigger.  So, I pulled up pictures from a year ago today to share.

These little boys ar so big now.  The most beautiful I have ever seen too.

On my way to school last night I cried while listening to
So much changes and time moves so quickly.  I noticed this week while I was substituting at my boys play school that I had not trimmed Jake's nails in a long time, when he came up for a hug on the play ground they were full of dirt.  Poor baby!  His mommy has been too busy to notice long fingernails.  I had to wonder what else I may have missed in the last few weeks.  It's time for their mommy to buck up and get busy taking care of them.  I had my babies because I wanted them to love and when I miss something they need, that doesn't feel like I"m loving them like I should or want to. 

Okay so in saying that...hold on...I'll be right back!



Okay, I'm back.  I needed to fix the toy in the play room.  Apparently, after this long work week, I need to clean up the play room.  Where was I...oh.

Something that I need to do for my boys is make sure that I have their letters put away.  Have you ever written your babies a letter?  I've written Cooper and Evan theirs but I haven't written Jake one.  I need to.  The letters are for the "just in case".  Just in case I don't get to see them graduate from college, get married, have their own babies, etc.  They are so I can say as pure as possible and has real as I possibly can how much I love each one if someday I can't be their to say it to them.  They are all different and I love how different they are.  I love how they love each other and how they love their mommy and daddy.  I can't believe how fast they are growing.  I can't even fathom how fast this is going by.

With every single sunset my children and my husband and I are getting older.  I'm sure my parents felt the same way, and all parents through history.  We are real today, alive, breathing and real!  One day, we'll be faded memories in photographs like my ancestors from the past.  I don't know what their life was like from day to day but there's one thing that moves through every generation, love.  I know the love I have for my babies is the same love that my greatest grandmothers have had for theirs. 

1 Corinthians 13:4-7 (New International Version)


 4Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. 5It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. 6Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. 7It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.

1 comment:

  1. GREAT pictures and you are right ... they DO grow much too fast!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!