DIY Mounted Prints

Saturday, November 12, 2011 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments


This is one of my favorite pictures of my oldest son.  He is caught a frog at an Easter Egg hunt and was so proud.  For a long time I have wanted to put it in a frame but when I found some photo blocks at a thrift store I decided this is what I was going to do.


I bought all 4 picture blocks which were meant to make up a flower when they were hung together in the right order.  Instead I spread mod podge over the old flower print and printed the photos I wanted on them directly off my printer.  I wanted black and white to go with my black, white and pale blue them in my hallways.  I enlarged the images so that they'd print at least 8.5 wide and then i trimmed off any extra so that they fit perfectly onto the blocks.  I then spread mod podge over the top (you can see the lines of it before it dries in the picture). 


The blocks are hollow so they have pre-drilled holes for hanging.  The mod podge dries clear, I used a matte finish but it also comes in glossy.   For now they are sitting on on my palette shelves in the living room.  This is a super easy way to get your favorite photos on the wall.  I am also thinking that you could use high quality plywood, have it cut to the size you want at your hardware store, have your images printed at your local drug store with printing services in poster size and do your own larger images.

Have fun with this. Remember too that if you print them yourself, it's easy to undo or redo after a mistake.

Materials Used:
Mod Podge
Regular at home printer
White Card Stock
Paper Trimmer
Mounts
Oh, and an old palette for the display.




0 Comments Here:

Show the love. Major love!