Miniature Sponge Cake and Pies for fashion Dolls.
Miniature Sponge Cake Materials:
flat, expandable sponges, yellow and pink
Folkart - wicker white paint
1. Trace the bottom of a paint bottle onto flat sponges (2 on the yellow and 1 on the pink). Cut out circles and glue the three together with the "icing" (pink) layer in the middle .
2. Cut a small triangle from the circle (this will be a piece of cake). Wet the sponges, let expand and set aside to dry.
3. Paint the top and sides (not the inside) of the cake with white craft paint and let dry. Using glue, attach ribbon (frosting) around the outer edge and glue beads in a daisy pattern to the top of the cake.
Miniature Pie Materials:
red seed beads (or color to match fruit of choice)
Quick Hold craft glue
1. Cut a thin strip of tan felt to fit the inside rim of the bottle cap and glue in place.
2. Put a small amount of glue on the inside bottom of the cap, fill cap with seed beads and cover with glue.
3. Cut very thin strips of tan felt; crisscross felt strips over the beads to form a woven crust.