Tired of Being Super Mom!

Saturday, July 12, 2014 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments

For the last few days I have not wanted to take my kids anywhere.  They want to go swimming, to a movie, or to the park.  I want to sit on the couch, lay in the bed, or take a hot bath.  I told my husband that I don't know what is wrong with me.  He was packing them up to take them to the lake and I didn't want to go.  This isn't like me at all.  Turns out, day after day and minute after minute of raising boys by yourself all day is exhausting and that's the bottom line.  

I saw a meme today that said "It's a myth that home-school kids are anti-social."  My immediate thought was you are right straight they aren't  They love playing with other kids unless those other kids are nuts.  Then clearly according to the meme "the more refined, full of respect, and dignified" kids have to got get tired of nutty kids and want to go home.  That's not what it read but that's how I read it when my mind imagined my currently fighting kids in a room with dignified 7 & 8 year olds.  My thought then was, it's not the kids that are anti-social...maybe its the parent because for the last 3 days I wanted to crawl into a hole and not be bothered.   The darker the better.  That's okay right...that's normal sometimes right?  Yes!  Okay!

I didn't want to hear the word "momma" or help someone find their shoes that were clearly where they belong.  I didn't want to decide what was for lunch because I honestly want them to fend for themselves at this point.  I don't want to put away another 8 foot tall stack of clothes for the Little's.  Why can't they dress straight from the laundry basket for heavens sake?  Can someone please tell me who is dirtying all the dishes because I'm refusing to cook and I know it's not me.  I only dirty blender bottles and eat boiled eggs, nuts and potato chips right out of their containers.  

Why do we all pretend that all of our days are grand, beautiful and perfect on social media.  We are living a lie people.  Moms are tired and let's be real...constipated.  I've been home for several weeks with my kids and I'm ready for them to start school. (Plug in utmost respect for home school families, seriously y'all I tried it.) I am so ready for year round school it isn't funny.  Give them 4 weeks off in the summer.  4 weeks is all they need.  That's plenty of time for me to find something to do for 20 days that's fun and exciting and then they need to get back to the books.  Seriously, the xBox is crushing their brain cells, not to mention what Netflix does to their muscles.  Actually, let's make that 3 weeks off please.

I've tried, I've been super mom for about 2 weeks straight and this week, half way through, was the last.  It doesn't seem to be in me anymore.  Today, while I was telling my husband to PAAALEASE take them to the lake and let me stay home he wanted to know what I'd do while I was home alone.  ARE YOU SERIOUS?  I'm going to watch "Can't Buy Me Love" and take a nap.  He was surprised I didn't want to go to the gym.  I am surprised I don't want to go to the gym.  Seriously, my muscles and mommy brain need a break.  So watching an 1980's teen movie sounds perfect.  I may even spring and watch "Barefoot in the Park".

After my movie I pulled my husbands Bible off the coffee table and read today's Proverbs (14) and in tears prayed that He refresh me and revive me.  I don't like being the tired, miserable mommy who wants to hide in the corner.  I want to be the strong mom that provides for their well being.  I can't understand how I have flipped so hard this week from super mom, doing it all to this pathetic blob on the couch.  SOoooOOoo glad tomorrow is Sunday!

It boils down to the fact that my 3 boys don't need a super mom, they need a mom with a Super God.  They need me to call for "Help" and let God do His thang!  A nation could be falling apart and if that nation stopped for 2 seconds from trying to deal with problems on their own and turned to Him and said, "Help" he would set that nation back on it's feet.  If He promises to do that for our nation, then I know He can do it for little ol' me.  So, that's what I asked Him to do for this little Mom of 3 Sons Universe I live in.  I asked for His help.  (okay nation....I love you and all but...akhem)

I can't wait to see what unfolds in just the next few hours.  Dumping my feelings and soul here is one release I needed.  I don't want to dump it on my readers but READERS you gotta dump that stuff.  I dump it here because really, I'm not talking to readers.  I'm not talking to you, I'm talking to Him.  I'm talking to that Voice I hear from time to time that gives me good advice and helps me when I need it.  I don't write to gain attention or to get noticed.  I don't choose to attack others for page views.  I don't want to gain "clicks" on my blog because of negativity or telling lies.  I'm sure it would work though.  Honestly, I don't care if one single person reads this, unless that person needed to.

Then when you call, you will cry for help, the LORD will answer. 'Yes, I am here,' he will quickly reply. "Remove the heavy yoke of oppression. Stop pointing your finger and spreading vicious rumors! Isaiah 58:9
I love when I search for a verse that I thought I wanted to use and I find one better.  Ha!  If this didn't fit for today I don't know what would.
 As I am wrapping up this post I'm thinking about mixing a PomBomb Spark in my blender bottle and drinking it from a wine glass and the pulling on my spandex and tank top and heading to the gym.  

Follow me on Instagram too y'all
It's my happy place.

P.S.  Stay tuned because I'm gonna share that chore chart I need to re-implement.  
You might want to sign up for the emails above.

And probably the constipation problem needs addressing too.

1 comment:

  1. This post times 1,000. I have such a problem thinking that I can do it on my own and feeling like a failure when I don't meet my own super-high expectations. The truth is, I can NEVER do anything on my own! It is all God, all the time! Now if only I can remember that!!!


Show the love. Major love!