Meal Giving & Baby Love

Saturday, July 12, 2014 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments

The Spirit of Giving.

It's not just around the holidays and Christmas that we should talk about the Spirit of Giving.
Every single day is a gift to us.
Spread the love.

A dear, sweet friend of my had Baby Number 3 on July 4th.  It was a devastating delivery for her. The baby is strong and healthy but her experience would leave any woman broken and hurt.  Her recovery will be hard.  Having a baby is as traumatic and stressful on a woman's body as a man's body who is fighting a war.  That's what I've heard it is compared too.  I believe it.

With good intentions I cooked all day Wednesday to take a dinner to this family.  I can't promise it will taste good or be healthy but it will be comfort food, nourishing, and cooked by me.  I don't know how to cook small when it comes to soups so I figured that was the best food to cook for this occasion.  So Loaded Potato Soup it is.

I found beautiful baguette bread and brought it home and sliced it up.

I made Apple Cinnamon and Cranberry Orange Muffins

Cubed up some fresh watermelon and topped it all off with a gift.

I sure hope they loved it.

0 Comments Here:

Show the love. Major love!