You Gotta to Have Friends

Friday, August 30, 2013 Aimee Larsen 4 Comments


I remember a time not to long ago when I had just had my third baby and a friend knocked on my door.  When I opened it I was completely surprised!  She said "I heard you had a baby."  I hadn't seen or talked to her the entire pregnancy and that was before Facebook and gender reveal parties.  It was my 3rd boy so I didn't have a shower to invite anyone too.  Actually, number 3 caught me by surprise.  It was that knock on the door that changed my life.

I realized then that I had become a "recluse" of sorts.  I had a new born baby and I wasn't going anywhere.  We had just recently stopped going to our church for the same reason that many people do.  She was coming to find out if I had any maternity clothes she could borrow and I sold her three tubs worth for nearly nothing because I was DONE.  She invited us to church and we went and it was exactly what I needed.

Fast forward to this morning.  A great many things has happened in the last 6 years.  I have gotten a degree, started a blog, went back to work, came home from work, lost weight, made friends and more friends.  This morning I was in awe of what God has done in my life.  I'm a stay at home mom again with other stay at home moms who are coming home to their babies or simply contributing to their families.  I'm more involved at church and I feel free.

There is this little part of me that still wants to hide in my corner and watch the world go by.  I just can't do that, I have to get up and fight despite my fears.  Everyday is a new day and some days are easy.  Some are hard.

Just look at what I've got.  I want to see more pictures like this.  More pictures of friends who have made a REAL connection here on earth.  Who love each other and appreciate what we all try to accomplish each and every day.
Ecclesiastes 4:9-10 NIV 
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work; If one falls down, his friend can help him up. But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!
 I love my girls!

4 comments:

  1. God has an if:then for us : "If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and I will heal their land." 2 Chronicles 7:14. And unlike our if:then thoughts which are usually wrong (if I lose another ten pounds then I will feel so great about myself forever), His if:then has a cast-iron guarantee. Thanks for an inspiring posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes ma'am! His thoughts are not our thoughts for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are many online companies that provide you a list of colleges and universities, but most of them are compensated.You ought to actually think about working on growing this weblog into a major authority on this market. You evidently have a grasp handle of the topics everyone is trying to find on this website anyhow and you can certainly even earn a buck or two off of some advertisements. I would explore following current topics and raising the quantity of write ups you set up and I guarantee you'd begin seeing some amazing focused traffic within the close to future. Only a thought, good luck in whatever you do!

    Cardsharing Server

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!