Day 29: A Godly Kind of Love

Saturday, October 29, 2011 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments

Head: I love reading my Bible.  When I have time to sit and not worry about what the kids are doing and just read, God reveals so many things to me personally through his Word.  I have been studying on my own Marriage Mountain and the next step before Love.  I found that in Godliness is also Kindness and that they are both inner workings of each other.  When you do God's work, even in the little things, kindness pours out.  
God, who is love, can fill us so that we can invite others into his welcoming embrace.  Love that "never fails" (see 1 Corinthians 13:8)
Yesterday, I studied 2 Peter, it's just where I opened my Bible to.  2 Peter is a short book because it is a letter.  Peter say that spiritual leaders were drawn away from Christ and he wrote this letter to remind them to "look at the Lord Jesus Christ" and not at their leaders if the leaders failed to follow Christ.  He stresses that "our Lord Jesus Christ" is to the One to be followed, no matter what anyone else says in order to reap the rewards of faith.

Heart: Watching the news every night is enough to cause even the most godly, optimistic woman to want to stay in bed and pull the covers over her head.  The truth is, Peter is not asking us to dwell on end-time events but to consider how we will live our lives, right here, right now.  This is where he talks about living a Godly life.  It makes me think of the moments in my marriage when my husband and I have the opportunities to "say I Love You!" and we don't.  I want my husband to know at all times that he is loved and to do so, I have to change my daily perspective.

Putting God in the #1 position in your life with lift you up higher on your marriage mountain.  It will also change your outlook.  2 Timothy talks about this refreshing new perspective.  Not only will we look at our marriage differently but we will look at others in our lives differently too.  We should see each person that touches our lives, not as a foe, but as a potential brother or sister.  Living a holy and godly life not only ensures that you are at peace with God and with others, it also ensures that you are ready for whatever may come.  Live each  of your marriage day as if it is your last.

Hands: Start each day by praying that God will use you for his purposes.  Make it your ambition to please God in everything you do - whether folding laundry, packing lunches, running a company or volunteering at church.  Then each night, thank God for the opportunities he's given you to serve him by serving others.

Additional Readings:  Philippians 1:27-30, 3:18-21, Titus 2:11-14

0 Comments Here:

Show the love. Major love!