Quilt Along with Me and Oh, Fransson!

Saturday, January 15, 2011 Aimee Larsen 4 Comments


I must be crazy, call me crazy!  I'm going to do this quilt along with Oh, Fransson!  The quilt along was from last January and it will probably take me forever to do a quilt but, I REALLY want to do this quilt with the ambition of doing this one.


My grandmothers quilted, my mother did too.  So, I think it's time I give it a try; a real honest to goodness try.  I made a quilt in college for a friend who had just graduated and had a baby.  I stitched the baby quilt entirely by hand and loved every minute of it.  By the end I could almost do it in my sleep.  That baby is almost 11 years and still loves her quilt.  I attempted other quilting projects but I have never made one for myself or my boys.  I am having the hardest time finding quilts I love for their rooms, so I'm going to make them.  I hope!


Elizabeth Hartman the creative designer of these quilts gives step by step instructions and walks us through the process.  She is self taught and a master!  There is a local quilt shop in my little town that is precious and there are many ladies there that would be willing to help a newbie like me. 

So, is there anyone out there wiling to give this a try with me?

4 comments:

  1. I love quilting and have a few done. Unfortunately, after having emergency eye surgery a few years ago, I can't see well enough to do the tiny detailing of quilts, so I've had to stop. But I love looking at them and look forward to seeing your progress!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a great quilt! I've made one that's similar...have fun and keep us posted on your progress:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful quilt. I can't wait to see your finished project!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to do a quilt-a-long with you! These are both FANTASTIC! Email me and lets get set up to keep each other in check! xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!