My Blog Crush(es) 2

Tuesday, January 11, 2011 Aimee Larsen 9 Comments

I love this blog, From The Right Bank is all about a girl who moved from the left coast to the deep south.  (Deep south, achkheemmm, where I'm from).  What I love is her clean style.  She's very brave with all the "white" in her home and it is very beautiful.  She is great at pulling creative style from others and incorporating.  She has basically done the research for me and she is a collective collaboration of design ideas I love.


Another new crush is Perfect Imperfect.  This blog makes me want to paint everything white for sure.  I'm not that brave but her bravery is leading her to the most beautiful of homes.  Every time I look at something she's done, I immediately thing it looks so french and country and beautiful...I must do it! We'll see.



The Frosted Gardner is absolutely inspiring in a doable way.  Some blogs inspiration seems so far off but she has the same inspiration and makes it feel doable.  She makes me want to shop Craigs List all day long.  All of her pieces of furniture turn out amazing.


Here's how you can help me...
After looking at all these beautifully painted pieces of furniture, I brought in a table that I've had. 

It's smaller than my other kitchen table but it fits well in the kitchen. and it will actually seat more than my current octagon table which is bigger.  I'm thinking of giving it an antiqued, white coat of paint but...
I'm going to let you decide.
Tell me what you think...
To keep or not to keep, to paint or not to paint...that is the question (?).

(p.s. my kitchen no longer has wallpaper it is a very light shade of green)

9 comments:

  1. I love to paint every piece of furniture white! I can't seem to break out of it, but when it's done it looks amazing! My favorite is Kilz Antique lace. They don't have a paint chip for it anymore but I have the code if you are interested and they will still mix it up. Good luck! Happy painting.
    berniefrisby@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. paint it! Now if it were me, I'd paint it red. LOL but then again, I would just paint everything red. White would be lovely

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Aimee! Thank you so much for featuring our furniture over here on your blog. WOW! What an honor and a pleasure to pop by and see our highlight. I cannot thank you enough friend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paint!!! White would look beautiful against a green shade on the wall! I imagine a vase of beautiful flowers in the spring on top of the white table...yes, go for it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my, I'm blushing over here! Thank you so much for all the kind words. This completely made my day - thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG, I love that table. Keep it and paint it. White would be pretty and I would probably paint those little accents at the top of the legs green to match the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Keep it; paint it; blog it!

    I have no idea what your kitchen looks like, but I'd go just off white. What have you got for chairs?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I dont know I am a natural kinda girl. I say a dark stain, but a wood stain. Thats just me, but you know I love that dark wood stuff! However, with your cabinets being dark and all, mabye a light color would look better. Mabye a red as someone suggested! red and black GO DAWGS j/k Whatever you do will look great, go with your gut

    ReplyDelete
  9. Don't paint. Bring in some color with fabric cushions for the chairs.

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!