Felt Pads in a Pinch

Monday, January 10, 2011 Aimee Larsen 8 Comments

We had our hardwood floor refinished and I'm scared to death of it getting scratched.  I wanted to go ahead and see what my Granny's old table would look like in a particular space and I couldn't run to the store for felt pads.  So, I whipped some up.

I pulled out my crafty felt and started cutting circles.  This was a light weight table so I wasn't worried about thickness.  If I were, I'd glue a few layers together.



I pulled out the super strong glue dots from my scrapbooking supplies...(scrapbooking, is that word?)  These are super strong so they worked perfectly.


The great thing is that I can make these the perfect size for whatever piece of furniture I need padding for.


Darling husband hates this table here.  I think he thinks it is ugly but I love it.  Not crazy about any of the lamps I have on it and we need to finish painting and adding trim but hey...what do you think?

8 comments:

  1. Great tip! I have the same looking table from my Granny too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE the table. My mom snagged the one from my great great granny... Dang it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think the table is great!! I love that style of furniture so much! I also love that fantastic pillar next to it :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love it!!! You're so clever. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oooh! Love the table! Maybe it is a girl thing to love old tables? I think it looks great on that wall. Nice floors too by the way!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE this table! It's very chic! Did you get it new or pre-owned (such a funny word)?

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the table. That area seemed to need something and that just fits it perfect. Love it. Cant wait to see it all in person

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE this table! It's very chic! Did you get it new or pre-owned (such a funny word)?

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!