All I want for Christmas is...

Tuesday, December 07, 2010 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments

I really don't like talking about what I want for Christmas because I truly have everything I could ever want.  Really...there's nothing on my list this year.  However, I did receive a treasure I have been looking for in the mail today.  I ordered this...



Remember this recipe for Tawny Pumpkin Pie aka THE BEST PUMPKIN PIE EVER?
I found the book that the contained the recipe.  It was published in 1959, so I'm going see if it was ever republished for the sake of copyright and if not...well, I may be trying and sharing some of these old favorites.

You may be wondering how I came about the pumpkin pie recipe if I didn't have the book...well, my grandmother has the book and it belonged to my great grandmother.  So, I'm in love with my new treasure and I'm going to be using it this Christmas and for years to come.  These are tried and true recipes and it only took one to win me over.

On a second thought...

I think I do want one more thing for Christmas but it's not going on a list. 

I would like my stairs finished...
I'm still pulling out staples from the carpet...



I want my sheet rock finished and doors hung, walls repainted...


my hardwood floors laid and finished... 
and less dust!


So, I guess I really do have a Christmas List.

Sadly, there will be no Christmas Tree at all until our house is put back together...it's a long story really and I'll share it soon.

1 comment:

  1. I ADORE old cookbooks that are tried and true!! LUCKY YOU!!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!