What Are You Thankful For?

Wednesday, November 24, 2010 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments

Psalms 147:7-8 Sing unto the LORD with thanksgiving; sing praise upon the harp unto our God: Who covereth the heaven with clouds, who prepareth rain for the earth, who maketh grass to grow upon the mountains.
It's a hard lesson to learn and to teach...we must be thankful for the blessings
AND the trials in our life that God rains down.

Yesterday, I was saying a Thanksgiving Prayer for my 3 &; 4 year old class. 
I got choked up.  

I told a friend last night,
that a few years ago during the month of December
my husband only brought home $500 for the whole month
and that at the time, I didn't see it as the blessing it was.

I get emotional when I think about the blessings in my life that God has given
just because I was
obedient 
to Him and I shutter at the thought
of not serving Him with obedience.

God is always working on me and
He is good.

What lesson is God teaching you right now in your life?

My lesson, to slow down and focus.  To trust Him at all times.
God only knows what other lesson I'm learning
that I'm not aware of. 

Have a Happy and Blessed Thanksgiving!

God, Bring the Rain!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for your post, it was another way God has used to let me know He has a wonderful purpose for the difficulties we're going through right now, especially me. Thanksgiving is 'my holiday' and I have been encouraged by Him through your post, it 'sing in the rain'! God,reign in me! thank you again for your words of encouragement ~xo~

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!