The BEST Pumpkin Pie EVER!

Thursday, November 18, 2010 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments

A year or so ago, I broke down and tried a pumpkin pie after years of not eating them.  I do not like pumpkin pies and recently I figured out it was the nutmeg that I didn't like about them.  I tried a pumpkin pie of my grannys' and almost died, it was so good.  Not a hint of nutmeg.  I went to her yesterday and asked for the recipe. 

Granny had me pull an old tattered recipe book off of her bookshelf.  I remembered this book, she uses it often.  Every time I see her using it she shares that it was her mothers cookbook or that she used some of the recipes when her children were little. 

What I found when I started reading the recipe was that it was the sweet taste of ginger that I loved...Here's the recipe, enjoy!

Tawny Pumpkin Pie
1 1/4 c. cooked or canned pumpkin
3/4 c. sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp ground ginger
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp flour
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 c. evaporated milk
2 tbs water
1 unbaked 9" pie shell

Combine pumpkin, sugar, salt, spices and flour into mixing bowl.
Add eggs; mix well.  Add evaporated milk, water and vanilla; mix.
Pour into uncooked pie shell.  Bake 425 degree oven 45-50 mins.

P.S.  This recipe was perfect for letting my boys help.  The measuring and transferring of ingredients was an important lesson to learn.

0 Comments Here:

Show the love. Major love!