Fall Cookies with Color Flow Icing

Monday, October 18, 2010 Aimee Larsen 2 Comments

I am quickly becoming a fan of color flow icing and you'll love it too.  It's so easy to decorate with and it hardens to perfection.  You end up with a nice smooth, shiny texture.

Pre-mix your icing and work quickly.  Color flow tends to crust over fairly fast.  Keep portions you are not working with covered with a damp cloth.  Here's the recipe.

Color Flow Icing
4 Cups of sifted powdered sugar
1 tbl of Color Flow powder by Wilton
1/4 cup of water plus 1/tsp
colors desired.

Bake your shaped cookies accordingly.
Let the color before adding icing.
Outline the shape desired and then fill in by simply piping the icing.

Use a tooth pick to give dimension.

Color flow is a fantastic medium to work with. 
Be creative and take your time.
Allow the icing to set over night.

We even tried a few acorns.
I can't wait to give another batch a try.  

P.S.  My little friend Ansley said my cookies were "good".  If she likes them, they must be delicious.


  1. I've never heard of color flow icing, but I love the way it looks. I'll have to google and see what I can find!

  2. I bet they were a big hit. I love your barn style inspired window dressing, that rocks...i was visiting via sew mama sew and loved also your kimono shoe but for the life of me cannot find the free pattern...are you able to enlighten me more...would be much appreciated..sweet day :)


Show the love. Major love!