Barn Inspired Forward Facing Bookshelf

Saturday, October 16, 2010 Aimee Larsen 2 Comments

I posted a really great bookshelf idea over at my reading blog, On The Lap.  The instructions were SO easy that I thought I'd give it a go with barn wood I rescued to use in Jake's room.  I figured his bed would be next but I suppose I was feeling too ambitious with that thought so a simple bookshelf would have to do.

So, you can see it was obviously a success.  I was able to put an arm load of books on the shelf for him to read, right at his level.  James said he'd have them all over the floor and using the shelf as a step to the window.  He's probably right but for now it is featuring some of our favorite books.
P.S.  See the boxes that are stacked and one of them says "Toys".  That was one of my favorite projects that I still haven't shown you.  I love them!  they hide those plastic bins and give them such great personality.  The bottom one is supposed to have a race car on it but I'm slacking.
Image Courtesy of Ana-White.
To see how these shelves are made, visit here and follow the link provided. 


  1. I really like this. I'm trying to figure out a way to get books to my daughter's eye level and I think this is a great idea.

  2. looks great! I'd bookmarked plans for doing the same basic thing but with plastic I need to decide which I like better :) My little dude has a tractor themed room, so I'm going to have to check out all of your projects for Jake's room b/c so far they'd all work in our room too. If there was only more time in a day!


Show the love. Major love!