Will you join me, it's for the children?

Wednesday, June 23, 2010 Aimee Larsen 4 Comments

I have so much enjoyed my study on marriage that I think I'm going to start one for  my children.  Sometimes it feels like there are plenty of books about finances and marriage and things adults deal with that you almost can't find great books or devotionals that focus on your children.  

I'm not quite sure what I've turned my blog into lately but I must say I'm not finished with my creativity, I'm just taking summer courses for my graduated degree and haven't had time to do anything creative.  What I have managed to have time to do is study God's word and record my thoughts and I don't want to give that up.  SO, when I woke up with 2 munchkins in my bed all snuggled up to me I felt so much love.  So before my eyes even opened my head was already praying "God, give me wisdom today and put love in my heart."  Praying before waking is a new one for me, didn't know it was possible but it felt good when my feet hit the floor.  I was ready for my day.

Why am I sharing this thought?  Because I want to know if anyone wants to join me?  The messages and e-mails I received from the marriage study were amazing and private and were so uplifting.  Being a mother and wife is my own personal ministry and I want to know more about what God expects of me as their mother.  

I don't recommend studying on being a mother unless one has first studied on being a wife, even if you're single; even if you do your own study.    I'll give details soon, I don't know for how long I'm going to do the study, 40 days seems like a good time for anything that God wants you to learn.  I'm excited about this new focus.

4 comments:

  1. wow- i just "re-found" your blog under my favorites, and i am so sad that I missed your 40 days of marriage. I am starting it today, and would love to join you on your next study. I am struggling myslef with family balance- I have too much on my plate. Cant wait to see what God has in store for me- and to see what you post. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look forward to this study. Enjoyed reading through your marriage study. I am sure that the one on children will be just as good. I have thought about doing something similar. Turning my blog into kinda study center. I am all into getting more in depth in the word.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I look forward to it. I think that the marriage study was great, I am sure the one based on children will be too. I have been wanting to get more in depth in the word. I cant seem to get enough so I will look forward to that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aimee,

    I would feel privileged to travel the devotional journey through motherhood with you!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!