thrift stores are like a box of chocolates...

Sunday, March 07, 2010 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments

you never know what you might get!

About 7 years ago, I begged my husband for a sewing machine, so I could make curtains for our house.  He found me a used one, brought it home and I sewed bags.  I sewed so many bags that I had to get a brand new one and I sewed even more bags and then I sewed so many bags I had to have help and buy more sewing machines but, I didn't make one single curtain.

Then, one day, very recently I made one for the playroom.  I even have done two cornice boards, one for the playroom and one for the bathroom. (look closely for the bathroom one)  Then I decided that maybe, I should start looking for curtains or window treatments at thrift stores.  So, looky what I found...

Aren't they pretty?  I suppose you can't really tell much about them, but I think that they are a big improvement from the "nothing" that was hanging there before, for the last 8 YEARS!

I paid $.50 a piece for the two small ones and $1 for the larger ones and the rods are cheap too!  I'm so very happy that I didn't have to make them.

1 comment:

  1. what great finds! I don't think I could have ever found the right sizes - you are a lucky girl!


Show the love. Major love!