We ALWAYS ALMOST forget Valentines Day!

Sunday, February 14, 2010 Aimee Larsen 4 Comments

Am I a bad mom for almost forgetting this super fun holiday every year?   It's not that I don't give it much thought, it's actually one of my favorite times of year to enjoy the color red and pink at the same time.  I don't know why I don't try harder.  Oh, maybe it's because I might get lucky to even get a card myself so I don't want a big build up for nothing...yeah that's probably it.   

But I still think my kid should have something special from their Dad and I.  So, when I got these great lunch totes back from Thirty One, I put them aside for just this!

I stupidly ran to Wal-Mart tonight to get a few extra things to stuff in them.  What was I thinking??  After my 2 hour trip that should have been 30 minutes tops, I swung my car sideways into Krispy Kreme when I saw the light was flashing hot.  The kids will have to eat them cold or warmed over but I thought that after standing with every fool in Chattanooga in line tonight to buy what was left of the Valentines junk I deserved a melt in my mouth doughnut!  Did I mention my diabetes doesn't like me to eat doughnuts...yea,  I don't like my diabetes very much this time of year.  

Don't you love those glitter hearts???  Those beauties where only $2 for ALL of them.  I love them.  I used some of those glue dots and some curling ribbon.  Cleaned the table off and set the stage.  Now I'm tired and should go to bed so that I can get up and get ready for church and hopefully make my beloved Sunday School class on time.  I love church!!!  

Anyway, so, we'll celebrate this pagan holiday with LOVE!

abide by these three; faith, hope and love.  And the greatest of these is LOVE!!!
1 Cor. 13:13

I know Bible verses don't have "!" points but I love using them to stress the importance of things on a too often basis.  This is one of my favorite verses.  I hope you have a LOVING day.  Now go LOVE on someone! 


  1. So glad I checked google reader and saw your post...I almost forgot it, too! Guess i'll do dishes and set up a little treat for my little blessings and husband as well (I suppose he's a blessing, too! ♥)

    LOVE the hearts btw.

  2. cute bags .. and I have a Cooper also (he's 19)

    so glad you remembered your sweeties before it was too late

  3. I never do Valentines for the kids. I guess I am odd and think its more a thing between a husband & wife boyfriend & girlfriend etc. However, my mom and Donna both gave them things. They get stuff from their friends at school. They get stuff from their grandparents, so I concentrate on Matt. Now when they get bigger, Matt will probably send Riley flowers at school. But, as for now we keep it about our relationship. I feel like they get stuff all the time for all kinds of things. I take this as a time to celebrate my marriage. Just my thoughts doesnt mean they are right just how we have always done it. The things you did for the boys are so cute though!! very good job!If I did do something for them for Val, i would copy you lol!!!

  4. I fight high blood sugar too. But I hate donuts. It's the chocolate that gets me. No you're not a bad mom for almost forgetting V. Day.
    Love your blog.


Show the love. Major love!