Meet My Laundry Monster...no really!

Wednesday, February 10, 2010 Aimee Larsen 4 Comments

If only he could run a load while he's in there.

Okay!
Here's the deal...
I don't like laundry.
I'm grateful that my family has clothes
but
I loathe laundry.
About as much as I loathe Barney.

? should it be loathe = hate  or loath = opposed/reluctant to do ??
I think both???

After cleaning my children's rooms, I had a pretty big pile of clothes.
How does that happen when you have a RULE in your house that you even your youngest child is supposed to put their laundry in the hamper.
Is it because,
mom has been substituting for 4 weeks?
Or maybe because,
mom is in grad school?
Or maybe because,
the whole process of doing laundry is not appealing to me.

So, I'm putting on some music and getting my snow shovel and I'm going to beat that laundry monster to a pulp.
Hopefully it won't leave a mess.
I'm going to start a load, even if i have to stand on top of dirty laundry to do it.  I'm going to hang the clean clothes 
(yes, see the clean cloths on the counter, THANKS HONEY)  
I'm so thankful he ran a few loads for me but how exactly am I suppose to fold them now?  Can someone answer me that?
So, I'm going to do it!  Right now...
There will be no "after" picture.
I just don't think it's possible.

I suppose if I had 19 kids and counting I could put at least 16 of them to work.  I think those Duggars have the right idea.  I mean if they are big enough to walk, they are big enough to serve right?  Whatever!

I'm praying God gives them some sense!

Okay, I'm stepping off my soap box and up to the laundry powders.

Love you!

Post Edit:
I'm super excited about all the prizes I'm finding in the laundry.
Lost sippy cups found!
but
Ewe!

If you like my Laundry Monster...
see my last post.  I think there's a monster in there somewhere too!

4 comments:

  1. I feel your pain! No matter how much laundry I do there is always a ton more! I don't know how it even gets there. How can they really go through that many clothes in a day! Found you on SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love when I'm finally caught up with laundry and look over in the basket...thinking it's empty..and it's magically full again. Or my husband tries to help me by doing all kinds of loads at once. umm..no. Haha :)

    Stopping by from SITS and hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy! I certainly feel your pain! I too passionately loathe laundry. With as much as I have been gone, it has certainly piled up. I looked at it last night when I got home late from work and wondered if I could get away with dumping it into the dumpster and just making do with whatever was left. But sanity returned and I started sorting it and have hopes of beginning it this evening after work. Oh joy...

    ~ Tracy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh girl, you either snuck in and took a picture of my laundry room OR we're twins who were separated at birth!?? I'm ashamed to say that mine's been that way off and on since Christmas. I am s-l-o-w-l-y working my way through the piles... literally. I even took a before picture and plan to blog about the after, that is when I finally accomplish the after! ;> Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone.
    God's blessings,
    Sarah :D

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!