A friend in need is a friend indeed...or was really a good friend anyway.

Sunday, February 21, 2010 Aimee Larsen 4 Comments

First, let me say how excited I am that blogger has finally added spell check to blogger draft.  I've been relying on other methods and I hope that their spell check is more reliable.  Also, a grammar check would be nice. HA!

Have you heard of the new show, "Wives of Catoosa County"?  No, well...there's a reason for that but there should be one of me and my girls.  It's be AWESOME!

I have this really great friend who I wanted to thank for helping me out a few nights ago and I sent her the cheesiest song to her facebook page., yes that one. She's so selfless, especially when her friends need her and we all need a friend like that.

I am the type of person who has only a handful of people that I can truly call my closest friends.  They know I don't get mad if I don't hear from them for awhile...we're all busy.  We have the best times when we get together no  matter how much time or distance has been between us.  Then, I have friends that I love that at some point in my life may drift away slowly for whatever reasons and it's okay too.  
My best friends know that I'm busy...I know they are busy so if we don't hear from each other in awhile, we'll call to check on each other but we don't get offended if it has been awhile.  We all need friends like this.  Please don't be a friend of mine if you are going to be offended if I don't call.  Call me! I'll call you when I can.

In college I had two close girl friends.  Just two!  We still visit each other some and talk on the phone but when I do see them, it's nice to catch up and not feel like we are so different.  We are different but that's why we love each other.  Sometimes we meet people in our life, like at camp, and those people remain dear friends for a lifetime...and may even be a bridesmaid in your wedding.  

With all my friends I'm reminded of the movie Beaches.  I love that movie, and just like Steel Magnolias I cry every-single-time.  

Here's where I'm going with this.  
There have been depressing times in my life.  There have been dark, dreary days that provoked my mother-in-law to say "Man, she's really let herself go."  I realize now, that those days, were the ones spent without friends.  I was just waiting for someone to reach out to me and I'm glad when they did.  Staying at home with babies gets lonely.  It can even get depressing, hard to find the joy that little ones bring.  

It's my friends that keep me motivated to be a better person.  We encourage each other and are brutally honest sometimes about situations that aren't good.  If I'm letting myself go, it's nice to have a friend say..."Let's go shopping or just hang out."  It makes me feel better and I'm more motivated.   I try to be that friend for others, I hope I am anyway.  

My saving grace a few years ago was right after I'd had Jake.  My good friend Jenny (above), whom the video is for, came by and said..."I heard you had a baby!"  Yep, I was a lonesome girl, inside my shell for 9 months and even people I sat behind at church every single week said..."I didn't know you had a baby!"  REALLY!??  It was time to find a new church... wouldn't you agree.  There was Jenny wanting to borrow my maternity clothes because she was expecting.  I hadn't talked to her in a LONG time and I was SO glad to see her.  She invited us to her church and there we have stayed and are in love with that place.  So, truly, she was a God send that day!  It's been almost 3 years since Jake was born and the last 3 years have been a true blessing.

Who can you be a "God Send" for?  

Before I forget!  Please go visit Jenny's new blog.  She just started it and I'm sure if you're a mom or dad...you're going to love it.  Her first real entry is hysterical.   So go visit her blog, Can't Have Nothin'.  Check out her cutie pie kids..
and can you guess what her blog entry is about.  HA!  Also, the title of her blog...says it ALL!

Be a friend today!


  1. What a great post! I can totally relate to the dark times, and not having friends around when I needed them. My goal for this year is to nurture the relationships that really matter to me and not the friendships that aren't true. Thanks for sharing! Stopping by from SITS!

  2. Great post, I know its always important to let our friends know they are important to us. On that note, I wanted to thank you for being such a good friend to me. I know we dont get to talk or see each other alot, but I still consider you someone I could call and talk to if I needed to vent, hope you know you can do the same :)

  3. its so true, true friends are a woman's lifeboat, especially those who understand that life isn't always kittens and sunshine. thanks so much for stopping by my blog and helping make my SITS day special!

  4. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.


Show the love. Major love!