DIY Lampshade Cover, the easy way.

Friday, February 05, 2010 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments

My friend Jenny swears she does not have a creative bone in her body.  But ever since she started looking for housewares at thrift stores, her creativity is starting to well up.  She's dying to know how to take something that is not worth much and make it work in her home.  There are some great blogs out there that are perfect for teaching you how to do just that.  My favorite is Thrifty Decor Chick.  So, when we were looking for lamps and shades, I found a shade I liked the shape of but did not like the design.   So, I said I'd recover it and she wanted to know how.  I thought I'd try a video tutorial...please excuse my raspy voice.  I sound awful but if you can get past that and follow my lead, you can recover your lamp shades quick and easy.
Step One

Step Two

Step Three

Step Four

Okay, so I have covered quite a few of the lampshades in my house this way.
I recently did this one in Coopers room too.

0 Comments Here:

Show the love. Major love!