Something is tugging at my heart strings!

Sunday, January 10, 2010 Aimee Larsen 2 Comments

For the last few days I have talked to friends and made posts on twitter and facebook about how I just do not enjoy doing housework.  Quite ironic since I have been able to step up my own child's help around the house for a little rewards lately.  I mean, my husband goes to work and gets paid for a job well done, so should my kids & quite frankly so should I.  I don't know what is setting me off kilter, I think it's a desire to enrich my life and to grab a hold of the reins of my chaos.

I started reading a new book last night and even though it's not a "spiritual" book, it's about the true lives of people from the time of WWII and actual letters those people had written.  It just sounds like those people really had things put together and I love to read their thoughts and I'm so blessed by them and thankful that they took the time to capture their lives in such a way.

I also have felt very chaotic lately.  Like my laundry is too much for me to handle, and my kitchen just can not possibly stay clean and I'm not sure what direction I'm going with school and my heart just isn't in to keeping things orderly.  For some people chaos is natural and the can live by it but for me, I'm looking for some order in my life now.

This desire is the result of my being aware of my relationships and the state they are in.  So, I'm thinking that I'll be doing more blogging in the next year about my spiritual growth personally as a documentation for myself and hopefully it will be a blessing for others.  I also want to document my life and what I have been up to, still sharing my handy work and crafts.  I'm not sure where this new road will lead me but I know it's a new path with new experiences and new friends and I look forward to that.

Who I am is not a woman that sits around and blogs, crafts or searches for new ways to make other peoples life better.  I'm not that person...there are people out there who do.  I on the other hand am a person that doesn't mind sharing what works for me and my family, our vices, my crafts and my Faith.  So, now that I've had time to let this new year settle in a bit, I think I'm now ready for a fresh start!  I hope you and I can share this journey together and that you give me your 2 cents when you feel it's needed. 


  1. Sounds like a wonderful new direction.

    best wishes!


  2. I'm curious what the book is. I've been reading for awhile, but don't think I have commented before. I really relate to that feeling chaotic sometimes.


Show the love. Major love!