My Kids Do Chores...Do Yours?

Saturday, January 09, 2010 Aimee Larsen 2 Comments

A few weeks ago I ran across a new website called My Job Chart.  Honestly, I thought getting my kids to do chores was hopeless.  I mean, getting my husband to do anything is, so why would I expect different from my children.  Then I ran across this website and it has changed the way my children think about chores.  Let's use Mr. Cooper as an example....




I took a spare moment a week or so ago to actually set up an account for myself and Cooper, I set everything up for him, his chores, his rewards and even his own personal password.  I even put a super hero picture of him to make him feel super awesome as soon as he logs in.



I assign jobs by day, week or even random days during the week.  I also make some for morning, some for evening and some for both.  Each chore has a point value.  Once he's done one on his list, he logs in and checks "done" easy peasy.
The system totals his points and then he can go to the store and pick a reward or decide if he'd rather wait and let his points accumulate.  How do I know when he's "DONE" or has a "REWARD"...simple, I get an e-mail!


This is a snap shot of some if his rewards.  There are more but his favorite is "Family Game Night" and he's saving up for something bigger, we are adding a "cell phone" to the rewards.  It's gonna cost him though.  It's okay, it's my old one and we can do "pay as you go" and just let him earn minutes on it later.  Don't ask me who he would call, probably his Granny and that's it.  But he does like to call up friends to see if they can play so that might be cool. ANYWAY!

There's one more thing...


He has bonus/extra chores he can do for extra points each day or week.  And just like the other chores may only show up on certain days...ex. my plants don't need watering every day.

So, he is SO enthusiastic about this program and best of all it is FREE!  Don't ask me why or how but it is.  It's is the best thing since sliced bread or digital books. ;p

If you think you might be interested in signing your kids up, let me refer you?
I'll send you a referral, I don't know what it gets me, maybe nothing but I think I get points too?
I recommended this to a facebook friend and she fell head over heels...
Now, if only I can figure out how to give myself chores and points so I can earn something really cool, like a manicure or pedicure.
I think I'll even set my hubbie up an account and put some "special" rewards in it for him.
Check it out!



2 comments:

  1. very cool! i'm gonna check it out-- my email is courtneyfisk79@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids do do chores. I am going to check this out. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!