A letter to me, myself and I

Friday, January 01, 2010 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments

Dear Aimee,

I haven't spent much time lately keeping in touch with you and I'm so sorry and ashamed.  I have not been a good friend and I promise that in the future you will hear from me more often.  It seems that lately I have had to do a reality check on my priorities and I have found that they are all out of whack.  So, I promise that from now on I'll be spending more time with our Father, more time in his Word, more time praying for my friends and family, more time taking care for my duties.  I've spent way too much time neglecting my home, my husband, my children, and my church.  None is worse than the other but it's just sad to say.

I have truly missed my personal time and I have more being added to my hectic life this week.  I am starting back to school and I'm not sure that I even have all my ducks in a row.  I can't imagine  how I'm going to be able to do it all but it's going to have to be done.  If I could give myself one gift today, it would be the gift of time.  There is simply never enough.  I might have to throw in a little extra energy along with it but all in all I have not been doing what I have intentions of doing.

So, I'm asking that you help me.  That you help me stay focused, spend less time on facebook, on other blogs, and help me to spend my time much more wisely.  Please don't forget to pray for me.  The things I need from God today are not material in any way.  They are things that are supposed to be found within me all the time and on some days I feel like some might be missing...I need to be sure that when I pray I'm always asking for peace, joy, happiness, wisdom, strength, faith, gentleness, and goodness.

Please take the time to take care of yourself too.  In order to grow old with your husband and family, you'll need to do much better.  Get your exercise, watch what you eat, take your medicine and all that important stuff.  You, like I keep forgetting that we only have 1 body.  Just ONE!  We don't get a new one until we die so take care.

So, in the next few months, I'm going to do better.  I'm going to change the way I've been living lately and put my priorities back in order.  

Graciously as your friend,

1 comment:

  1. Oh my, couldn't we all use a letter like this?


Show the love. Major love!