Joy Triumphs over Suffering

Tuesday, January 12, 2010 Aimee Larsen 5 Comments



So my dear readers, I've haven't turned a new leaf.  I've simply decided to get back on the path I'm supposed to be walking.  If you've been a reader for any length of time, you know that I am a Christian.  I know that Jesus is our Savior and He reigns in my life.  My prayer is that from this day forward, this blog of mine be one that does nothing but honor Him.  Sure, I will post my handy work, crafts, life, chaos, organization tips (if any), triumphs, and so much more as this is so personal to me and I know He will be in them all.

I want to share with you as much as possible the journey I feel that I am embarking on.  This has nothing to do with a new years resolution but simply the season of my life.

Today, I locked myself in my laundry room and talked to God.  I kept my hands busy and my mind on Him.  I uttered words of praise, thanksgiving and the desire for His hand in my life at every moment.  I can not go further in my life without Him by my side every second.

I asked our dear Father to show me the scripture that I was to read and learn from today and from this day forward, if I am touched as strongly as I am right now, I pray that my sharing through these  daily writings will bless you too.

Over the last few weeks, especially since my children have been with me so much and my husband too, I have had to deal with much more chaos in my home and I don't mean that in a bad way.  But children are children and husbands are husbands.  So, I have found that I have been missing something in my DAILY life.

I feel that I am reaching the same point in my life that Jesus did before he was crucified.  For some reason, this new age of 32 is so significant to me and I didn't see it coming.   All of the things in my life have come together at this very moment for me to share and testify how strongly God is speaking to me.  I pray that at this very moment the words coming from the tips of my fingers are not mine but His.  I pray these things from this day forward.  I want to share with you the scripture God revealed to me.  I am linking this page to an online source as well but I truly hope you will find your Bible and diligently search God's word in prayer and discover what is truly meant for you to understand.

Start with me now by "right clicking the link and opening a new tab or window...Philippians 1:3 - 7 

I have been praying for joy for several days now and have many times in the past.  My dearest friends know this about me.  I have a hard time finding joy in the little things I do everyday.  Joy is a gift.

Upon reading this scripture I was pleased knowing that from verse 3, I will be mindful from here on out that God is in everything I do.  I will remember Him!
Please read verse 4!  This was the verse I read first... "Always in every prayer of mine for you all making request with joy."  What a blessing it is to read this and know that God has been listening to me and is now correcting my prayer to him...I will no longer need to pray for joy because with every request I make it will be WITH JOY! (and my heart swells just knowing this)

If you will please also read 8 -18 as these scriptures are about the Christian Life: Rejoicing in Spite of Suffering!

I tell you now that God has His hand on me this very moment.  I can feel it  If at any time you have thought to yourself...I wonder what that feels like.  Then, it is my prayer now that you know.  I am a friend and a sister in Christ to anyone that desires to know how.  Please simply contact me if you too want to know this awesome feeling.

Have a blessed day!



5 comments:

  1. How great that you feel so inspired, I hope this conviction stays with you and helps you every day to draw closer to God and your vocation. I look forward to reading more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this post. It is wonderful to connect with other crafters out there that love the Lord. I'm looking forward to much more of this in 2010.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I can relate so much to what you are writing about. The desire for order in my life, the desire for God...
    I'm somewhat still in the midst of it, but I feel I'm closer to the end of it than I used to be. Over the last year I have seen God's faithfulness in so many ways, and His patience and lovingkindness is ever more so precious to me.
    Be encouraged, sister. God is working in your life, just as He has always been.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed your blog, I must come to this site more often. Keep doing what you are doing, many of us forget we are baptized in the blood of Jesus  to be a witness and a light to this world. Keep doing what you are doing. . Stay in the word.

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!