I'm taking a moment...let's all take a moment!

Friday, December 18, 2009 Aimee Larsen 3 Comments



Last year, I posted every day for my 25 to 25.  This year, not so much.   Please notice my not so perfect tree, with the leaning star and collection of ornaments laying on the tree skirt. This morning, my house is quite.  The kids are all at school and having parties today, it's drizzling outside and my fire place is doing it's best to warm every inch of our home.  I had decided to take a moment.  During that moment, I picked up my Bible and snuggled up on my love seat next to the fireplace.  It only took a moment before I found the verse I was meant to read today and share.

John 20:31 "But these (miracles) are written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God, and that by believing you may have life in his name." What miracles do you need worked in your life? Jesus is the answer, let us all remember the reason for the Christmas season. Let's all take a moment and ...as Cooper says..."and we shall celebrate the good news!"

From the beginning, man had waited on the birth of Jesus for this very reason, so that you may have life through him.  While giving gifts, putting up beautiful trees, and decorating the mantel are all fun and glorious in their own right, we still should stay focused on why we give recognition to this time of year.  It's not for rituals or yuletide, but it's for praising God for sending his Son.  He was  & is the long awaited savior that many people still deny.

My heart is heavy at times for friends who do not believe John 20:31.  Those and many more are in my prayers.

I know my musings are not read by many, but I pray that God touches you today, as He has me.  

I wish you all a very Merry Christmas this year and many more to come!

Aimee

3 comments:

  1. Lovely post~ thanks! Sometimes I forget to 'Be Still' and remember... great reminder. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i needed this reminder today and every day. I am so thankful this time of year that we have the priviledge to celebrate our Savior!
    Have a wonderful Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for this post. So many lately seem to be all about the stuff of the season and so few about what Christmas is all about.

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!