Oh Baby Girl

Monday, November 09, 2009 Aimee Larsen 10 Comments



Only the best for this new baby girl. 
I love baby showers, they give me an excuse to be creative.
I made these sweet little baby shoes with my "Ballerina" shoe pattern.
I just lengthened the part for pleats to add more and tiny pleats and
each one was painstakingly sewn down by hand to keep them from shifting.
At the last minute I added tiny-baby buttons.  If you've ever made my ballerina shoes, you know the pleats take practice but what you may not have tried is sewing addition fabric to the sides, as seen with the red fabric on the outside of each shoe.  I love that these baby shoes are soft soft.
Download the Bib Pattern Here
Download the Shoe Pattern Here


I dressed up a burp cloth with the rest of the fabric that wasn't used on the bib.  Oh, I haven't made this pattern for the bib but plan too.  So leave me a comment if you want the pattern/tutorial.  It has one of those little pockets to catch the fallen foods and the flower is a fabric yo you, sewn with a button and careful stitching to create a little bit of fold.

10 comments:

  1. Those are just precious! :) Very well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your ballerina shoes. And I'd like to see the bib pattern, when you get to it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute!!! Oh, to have a baby girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. An absoloutely beautiful gift, obviously made with a great deal of love.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absoloutely love this whole set. I just got the ballet shoe pattern and can't wait to get started on it. I would love the to get a tutorial on the bib/burp that you made to go with these. Great amazing work as always. I'm in love with everything that you have on your site :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. If you were going to add the red to the outside of the Ballet booties how much do you need to add and how do you go about doing it? Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think that it's a great idea that you re-did the shoe pattern. I actually had to add the extra fabric to the upper piece because mine kept being too short to get good pleating. Thanks for your patterns...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Benth Morales del RioSaturday, September 14, 2013

    where I can get the pater for the ballerina shoes?
    I absotlutly love them!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's so beautiful, I will like to have the pattern please

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's so beautiful, I will like to have the pattern please

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!