Make Your Own Miniature Caramel and Chocolate Apples

  
I tried and tried to find instructions for doing this online but didn't find one that I liked.  I'm a pictures kinda gal.  Give me pictures and I can do it.  So, here's my version of what I think miniature Apples should look like.  Oh, and I actually had someone ask me if these were baby applies, he he!  I thought that was so cute! 
 
 Ingredients & Supplies
4 Large Apples (makes approx 2 dozen)
1" Melon Baller
4.5" Lollipop stick cut in half
3" x 4" self-sealing bags
Bag Toppers by ShabbyShoppe.com
Melting Chocolate
Sprinkles
Stapler
Lemon Juice
Wax Paper on a Cookie Sheet

Using your melon ball scoop, scoop out 6 or so bits from your apple.
Dip each in lemon juice and pat dry

Insert half lollipop sticks in to the skin side of your apple.

Chocolate should be ready and melted according to the instructions.


To make things simple for me, I used the microwave chocolate.
Make sure to cover all of the flesh that is exposed and on up around the skin.
Hold over a small glass container after removing from chocolate and sprinkle with your sugar sprinkles of choice.

Place on wax paper to cool and harden apples.
Once chocolate is hard, place each one in a self-sealing bag and seal.
Attach a personalized bag topper and they are ready!
to purchase the complete set, you'll get tags, candy wrappers, bag toppers, cupcake wrappers, and so much more!




To Do a Caramel Apple 
1 (14 ounce) package individually wrapped caramels, unwrapped
2 tablespoons milk



  1. Prepare Apples as described above and use wax paper on a cookie sheet.
  2. Place caramels and milk in a microwave safe bowl, and microwave 2 minutes, stirring once. Allow to cool briefly.
  3. Roll each apple quickly in caramel sauce until well coated. Place on prepared sheet to set. 

5 comments:

Rachel said...

How cute! I want to try this!

gina said...

SO cute! I wish i saw this post earlier- I'll have to bookmark it for next year!!

Anonymous said...

Way too cute!!!! I will have to use this idea. Thanks for your great blog.
~Wendi

Carrie Funk said...

This is awesome!  Great for a party where kids don't want to eat a big apple! 

Debbie said...

I am sooo impressed.  You are amazing! Thanks for all the great ideas.

Your friend in Christ,

               

Blog Archive