10 Things 1 dozen or so little munchkins taught me this week...

Saturday, October 24, 2009 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments


10.  I can handle a dozen 3 year old little ones all at once.
9. It pays to be organized.  VERY organized
8.  Kids do thrive on a consistent routine.
7.  It doesn't hurt to shake things up a bit, jut a bit.
6.  Saying "I'm sorry" is just as important as saying "That hurt me."
5.  Asking for help from your neighbors has benefits, of course.
4. Keeping a clean place to play/live is constant work.
3.  We should work together, but working alone is good too.
2. Even the littlest can fall in line and follow the lead, as well as be a leader.

and

1.  Play-Dough and Paint really aren't so scary!



I once read that a "it takes a village to raise a child".  Then I read once "I've seen the village and I don't want it raising my child."  So I've always thought both points where valid.  Now I don't think so.  It was so refreshing to see these little children, even my own, in a safe environment that allowed them to do for 4 hours a slew of activities that I would not ever be able to replicate at home.  It took a team of people to teach 3 little classes in this little play school and the team makes the experience so rich.  This wasn't just a room where children were given toys and told to play.  This was a rich learning environment that involved, thoughtful lesson planing, hands on activities, sensory stations, imaginative play, numbers, letters, reading, building, painting, transferring and the list goes on and on and on.  Not to mention the moments I would find children playing together in small groups, pretending to be lions in a cave or working lining up blocks to make bridges, roads and tunnels, those where really fun to watch. 

When I step back and think about what I have witnessed this week, I'm so thankful for the experience.  I'm thankful that I have the means to give my children these opportunities and I'm so thankful that I do not rely on myself to give my children these experiences.  Myself is not always dependable but when there is a team of people providing the experience the experience is much more dependable and steady and healthy. 

I'm also thankful for such good, Godly women that take care of my children.  They really, really do have the best interest of those little squirts at heart.  Great strides are taken to keep them healthy, happy, busy and learning with play. 

Oh and my "ah" moment this week was when Jakes (my baby) teacher called for her class to line up, he lined right up, held onto their little rope and did not cry for me.  I was proud that he didn't cry for me and he was such a big boy but if you'll read the previous post below, you'll know these little moments also broke my heart.

0 Comments Here:

Show the love. Major love!