Pillowcase Dresses for Halloween...The Best Tutorial

Monday, September 14, 2009 Aimee Larsen 6 Comments






I've been making these dresses for years and they just don't seem to be going out of style anytime soon.  I'd thought about making my own tutorial because my method was a little different as I use French seams and I don't care for store bought bias tape and all that.  Then I came across a fabulous tutorial on another site and thought...why would I bother doing a tutorial when there is already a great one out there...you'll have to scroll down for the link.  YES!  I want you to go all the way down...hey, I didn't bust my tail to not show you these super cutie pie dresses!




These dresses will be available very soon in the antique store in Ringgold, GA...more info for you to come I promise.


I've had many requests to do custom dresses and right now...I'm in over my head and loving making what I want to right now.  I'd love to give everyone exactly what they want but right now...I'm being a little selfish and making what I want to make.


Here is the Tutorial by Just Add Glitter
Here's another by my friend Susie.  I love how she puts the fabric around the bottom.
Be sure and leave her a comment if you download...that's the most polite thing you can do when someone is giving you something so spectacular.

6 comments:

  1. Awww, such cute dresses! I'm sure that pillow case style looks great for Halloween.

    -Astrid

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so adorable!! I already have several sets of leggings just waiting for a dress to go with them!! I need to get busy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness! those are SO cute! i need to take my machine to the doctor pronto!
    YAY! thanks for adding my button! i looked for yours before and didn't catch it... i'll be adding it now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too spooky and scary!!! Love them! I am featuring this in a fall post tomorrow. Grab my NEW featured button.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I don't know when I'll give it a try, but I've had tons of requests for learning to make a pillowcase dress. These are so cute! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This little dress is adorable. How did you make the form it is displayed on? Please email me at thisnthat@pineland.net  This little dress can be used for any season!! Great Job!!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!