Storage Boxes for School Work - Back to School Project

Friday, July 31, 2009 Aimee Larsen 5 Comments

Every year I make a storage box for the kids.  I invested in a stack of these when Cooper 
started school so that I'd have plenty.  They are cardboard carrying cases and can be found
various places on line.  I purchased my from ULine but can also be found at other places
in smaller quantities.  I also purchased the 18" x 2.5" box.  Just remember the more you
buy, the cheaper they are.  SO, if you have girlfriends or know of other moms who would
be interested in splitting the cost, it makes buying in bulk easier.
Here's what you'll need
Box
Wrapping Paper
Mod Podge or Glue
Ribbon
Card Stock
Pencil 
Ruler
Lay box with top flat on back of wrapping paper, trace all the way around.
You are only doing the top and flaps.  
  
Add Artwork, class work, pictures and other special items, awards, letters 
and many other great things.  Do this throughout the year and keep your
box handy.  
Add Ribbon for decoration and printing the school year information on card stock and 
glue to the front.  You know, your kids may or may not appreciate all the work,
but you'll be glad you saved it one day.

5 comments:

  1. Ever so clever, love this idea! My daughter will be starting preschool this year and I do believe this idea would be fantastic for us! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun idea! I'm working on a Back to School Roundup, I'll be sure and link to this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! The boxes you can buy for this are expensive and this way you can get them to look just how you want them!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really great idea! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this idea! What size is the one you used in the picture?

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!