My icing recipe!

Monday, August 30, 2010 Aimee Larsen 2 Comments

 
Lemon Surprise!
Well, because it doesn't look lemony.
Here's my recipe for lemon icing!
---------
1 box of powdered sugar
1/2 cup of shortening (Crisco)
1/2 cup of butter
whip together adding
1/4 cup of water
1 tsp pure vanilla
1/4 tsp pure lemon extract
keep whipping
---------
tip
want a different flavor?
substitute the lemon extract for your flavor of choice.
add almond extract for a simple & rich butter cream.
--------
idea
I was constantly losing my two favorite recipes
so I taped them inside my cabinet.
You'll see my recipe may have changed a little if and you can make Chocolate too!  feel free to experiment!  Also, anytime you find cheap cupcake decorations, buy them!  I found these Wilton pinwheels and cups for $1 for 15, I should have bought them all.  Any occasion is a good occasion for cupcakes.
--------
chocolate icing
use almond flavor
instead of lemon
add 3/4 cup of coco
to the above recipe

2 comments:

  1. Hi there, I was just checking out your icing recipe and was wondering what the measure is on a "box" of icing sugar?  Thanks for this great recipe!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!