Monogrammed Silhouette Art

Saturday, June 27, 2009 Aimee Larsen 4 Comments

I've started decorating again and I CAN NOT stop!
I've been looking for months, upon months for artwork for my kitchen.
I needed something larger to cover a certain wall in my kitchen.
So, I went to Hobby Lobby with my 40% coupon in hand.
I found a HUGE 28" x 22" black picture frame after hunting for about an hour!!!
So, I went to the art department and found a canvas to fit inside...THANK YOU for the 40% off!
I made my purchase which came to 
$8.00 = frame
$6.00 = canvas
$14 plus tax for this!
Here's what you do!
If you love this as much as I do.
Print out a large letter of your choice, cut it out and trace it with pencil onto your canvas.
I painted my canvas black of course.
I also used a large wooden letter cut out that I had on my mantel.
I painted it in with gold paint...YUMMM!  I love gold paint, it's so rich.
I then freestyled some swirls with my favorite paint brush!
Popped it into the frame with some hot glue!
This sucker is big!
It's exactly what I wanted and I didn't even know it!


  1. I love coupons! And i am loving what you did here!

  2. This looks great! I love it!

  3. What a fun idea! You always seem to think of clever things :o)

  4. That is plum Purdy! Love it and your thriftiness too.


Show the love. Major love!