Free Sewing Class for Chattanooga Area

Wednesday, June 24, 2009 Aimee Larsen 16 Comments

Do you have the desire to sew?
Do you have a machine you can operate but you aren't sure where to start?
Do you have a desire to learn how to save money and be crafty?
Well, I'm offering a FREE beginners sewing class
Monday, July 13th at 6:30 p.m.
The pattern that we will be working with can be downloaded here.
If you can make these...this isn't the class for you!
We will be doing this project because it involves NO IRONING.
It requires machine and hand stitching.
It also requires you to cut and sew in repeated steps.
Materials are included on the download sheet.
Those in this class will have the option to move on to two more FREE sewing classes before moving on to a more advanced class.
The projects following this class are TBA.
If interested, please leave a comment and make sure your e-mail address is included.
Or click here for a Sign Up Sheet!
Thank You!
Any 100 level class is a very beginner class, as in this is your first sewing project ever or the first one since home ec. class 10 years ago. The basics of sewing are taught - tools, pinning, cutting, fabric anatomy, simple commercial patterns.
Supplies to bring:
A basic sewing kit which should include...
  • fabric shears (nice sharp ones)
  • glass-headed pins (to iron over if necessary) and cushion
  • seam ripper (a smaller blade is better for garment sewing)
  • tape measure (fiberglass – doesn’t stretch!)
  • tailor’s chalk (in a color that you can see on your fabric)
  • 2” wide clear ruler (way better than the wooden or metal kind for marking hems)
  • dont' forget your machine.
And of course whatever is listed for your selected class fabric and notions-wise!


  1. Hi Aimee, I commented on your status about the free sewing class on Facebook a few weeks ago and would love to come.

    Crystal Galloway -

  2. Thanks for doing this Aimee! I know you said you put me on the sign up sheet but thought you might need my email address

    grovesabk at comcast dot net

  3. I'm would like to attend and hopefully with a friend or two!

    Jackie Phelps -

  4. Love to

    Jennifer Talley

  5. Would love to come but the commute is a bit far, I'm afraid! Have you thought about doing an online tutorial too?

  6. Hi Aimee :) I just love your blog :) Have a nice summer from me here in Sweden. Your sewingroom lookes great

  7.  I am so happy that I stumbled upon your blog! Hopefully, I will be able to sign up for the class! Thank you for doing such a wonderful thing and sharing your craft :)

  8. Sign me up!  Hoping that my step mother & I may be able to attend together, however we only have one sewing machine?

  9. I'm very interested, I have always wanted to sew but beginner classes are REALLY rare. -Kharmalilly@gmail:disqus .com 
    Thanks again! :)

  10. Are you offering sewing lessons again? Thank you.

  11. I am in the beginning stages of learning to sew. I would love to get more information on the classes that you have available. Thanks so much!

  12. I am interested in any free sewing classes or sewing clubs in chattanooga tn if there are any coming up soon. please contact me.

  13. I know this class has already happened and that I have missed this. Are you doing another class like this and, or do you have a recommendation for me for such a class?

  14. I know this class has already happened and that I have missed this. Are you doing another class like this and, or do you have a recommendation for me for such a class?

    1. I have hosted a few since this post. The last one was canceled due to lack of participation. If you'll subscribe to the newsletter on this site you can get an update when I host the next one.


Show the love. Major love!