Free Sewing Class for Chattanooga Area
Do you have the desire to sew?
Do you have a machine you can operate but you aren't sure where to start?
Do you have a desire to learn how to save money and be crafty?
Well, I'm offering a FREE beginners sewing class
Monday, July 13th at 6:30 p.m.
The pattern that we will be working with can be downloaded here.
If you can make these...this isn't the class for you!
We will be doing this project because it involves NO IRONING.
It requires machine and hand stitching.
It also requires you to cut and sew in repeated steps.
Materials are included on the download sheet.
Those in this class will have the option to move on to two more FREE sewing classes before moving on to a more advanced class.
The projects following this class are TBA.
If interested, please leave a comment and make sure your e-mail address is included.
Or click here for a Sign Up Sheet!
Any 100 level class is a very beginner class, as in this is your first sewing project ever or the first one since home ec. class 10 years ago. The basics of sewing are taught - tools, pinning, cutting, fabric anatomy, simple commercial patterns.
Supplies to bring:
A basic sewing kit which should include...
- fabric shears (nice sharp ones)
- glass-headed pins (to iron over if necessary) and cushion
- seam ripper (a smaller blade is better for garment sewing)
- tape measure (fiberglass – doesn’t stretch!)
- tailor’s chalk (in a color that you can see on your fabric)
- 2” wide clear ruler (way better than the wooden or metal kind for marking hems)
- dont' forget your machine.
And of course whatever is listed for your selected class fabric and notions-wise!