Come on! I'm freakin' out here a little!

Friday, May 01, 2009 Aimee Larsen 3 Comments

Is it the path less taken or the road well traveled?
It seems I've been down it before but it feels completely new to me.  My doctors nurse talked to me today and as I suspected, my A1C was high.  That means my blood sugars have been running high for some time now.  I went through this when I was pregnant but for some reason, it stings more knowing that this is the "normal" me, and not the pregnant me.  
The good news is that the medicine they are going to put me on treats PCOS, will help me lose weight and with the proper diet my A1C will be come normal.
The other sad thing is, we need to get groceries but until then, there is NOTHING in the house that looks like something I can eat.  No more boxed dinners, rice, pasta, chinese food, italian, etc.  My favorite is mexican food and believe it or not; it can be made healthy. 
Well, I've got a super hero birthday party to plan.  My kids all think they are super hero's so I've got to fix capes, make eye masks and a huge cake.  So just pray Obama doesn't cancel outdoor activities like a moron.  GEEZ! 


  1. I can give you some recipes......let's help one another. I can recommend this new book from Prevention, The Diabetes Detour can do this!!! Have a good weekend.


  2. Poor girl, I'm sorry you're going through all this. Praying the Lord lifts your head this evening!

  3. I have a close friend with pcos and she can't find what works for her! Hope this does for you!!


Show the love. Major love!