Stirring Within...A Conversation with my Friends!

Wednesday, February 04, 2009 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments

You know I have days that are long and calm and I have days that seem SO short and busy.  I know everyone does but why on days that are short and busy is that the day that you have to get so much done.  Why didn't I plan my Wednesday night lesson for church on a long, calm day or why couldn't I have had grocery money on Monday when I was out and had time to kill?  It just seems like everything comes at once.

Today I have been very aware of God.  I don't know what the difference is, I feel like I am completely surrounded by Him at times.  I'll be thinking, praying, listening and feeling all at the same time.  For example, while listening to a beautiful song on the Christian radio I felt compelled to talk to God because I suddenly had the feeling that several things I have read or heard lately all connected.  Jesus told his disciples that they could move a mountain if they had Faith and we know that with God, we can do all things.  So I wondered...
Do I have enough Faith to move mountains???  Can I wilt the fig tree just by speaking words?  You and I would say "no", but would Jesus say yes?  Just think on that...that's a fraction of what's been stirring in me today.

As a Christian should I welcome a single mom with a baby into my life?  I'm faced with that situation.  I have an extra room in my home and this girl is steps away from being homeless.  If I thought it was all her fault I may not be very willing but I KNOW that God is working on her.  She's lost everything and gained much more at the same time.  When my sister-in-law said I was crazy, I thought: Am I?  Maybe??  NO!  I'm not crazy!  I may make mistakes but I'm not crazy and who can say "NO".  I have so much to offer and so little to give at the same time.  .I just want her to be able to rest her head and not worry about where she's going to sleep, so that she can focus on getting a new job and starting a life for herself and her baby.  Is that wrong?

Eliminating CHAOS:
Yes, I'm going there!  You know, except for when I have company over, I've actually felt like I have eliminated CHAOS.  Some girlfriends came over yesterday and actually said "How do you keep your house so clean with 3 kids?  I just don't know how?"  Okay, my humble answer was "HAVE you seen my laundry?"  That did make me feel good but  you know what I had to do this week to get it right.  I had to spend time on Sunday while the kids played and the husband napped and just CLEAN. I like my closets organized so I've worked on that a little in the last week.  I've de-cluttered and it's all been a process but it works.  NOTHING complicated about it.  I think I was more blessed when I let my husband nap and enjoy his Sunday off instead of riding him and making him help.  It's not his place!!!  It's mine.  He works  60 plus hours a week...our MY job!

Why do I say tearless...I've cried them all out!  This week I have cried more over the loss and burdens of woman with sick, dying or passed children than I have ever.  It's like it came from all sides and I couldn't understand it and when I shared a video from "Bring the Rain" with a friend who has a baby...she said: I can't imagine, how could GOD do that?  I knew then that God was working on that girl...that she doesn't full understand His love for her and us and that she's got a long road ahead if she doesn't learn it soon.  I can say, I don't know how I'd feel.  I've never lost a child born or unborn.  I have had scares and sickness and many trips to a NICU when Cooper was born.  That I know!  So, when I say I'm tearless, it's because my well needs to be replenished!  Just so I can go again!

Now that I've been as transparent as I know to be...good or bad...I want to know what you think?  What has touched you, what do you ponder over, what do you pray for.  I'm SO interested in what you have to say!

1 comment:

  1. Well I can only say about the welcoming someone into you live thing is its totally up to you and your hubby. I would wait until I know exactl what I should do though before making a move. Mabye there is a way that you can help without having to have her live with you. For instance watch her kid while she works or something like that? Just a suggestion. Bottom line is though you must do what you feel is best for you and your family no matter what anyone else says.

    I'll be praying for you!


Show the love. Major love!