Oh My Heart!

Tuesday, February 17, 2009 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments

 
I got a phone call this afternoon from a little girl that I teach on Wednesday nights.  She called to tell me that she was SAVED this morning after talking to her parents .  I know I don't always write about my Faith like I should but anyone that reads my blog knows what I believe.  So, my heart is so joyous.  Much like it feels when a new baby is born!  I can't even find the right words so I'm praying that God will be at the end of my fingertips.  When she called me I was reading the book of Matthew and I don't for a second believe it was by chance.  I was catching up on my daily readings that I receive in my Inbox every day.  I was very behind.  
The joy in my heart that I feel every time a soul is saved is so tremendous that I can not express it in words.
When this little girl, who is Coopers age, called me...I wasn't surprised.  God had been working on her for awhile.  He was the one showing her what He wanted her to do.  She knows Jesus.  She knows!  The words from that child touched me in so many ways.  It's amazing how wise that little girl is now.  She said..."I just want to tell everybody!"  Bless HER!  That's how we should always be.  She is so wise!
While reading this morning, I read the book of Matthew and Jesus talks about the future and what will happen before He comes again.  He gives the description that some will go with Him and some will stay.  He talks about all the false Messiahs that will come before Him.  He talks about the talk of war, he talks about so many things we haven't seen yet and some that have been.  Still, he will come!  He describes being ready, like you would if you thought you would have a thief come into your home but I don't think he's going to come like a thief in the night like some say, I think we'll all see it, we'll all know.  I'll go with him!  I know I will...I pray often that God convicts me to share my testimony more often.  I try.
So, I explained to this little girl that no matter how old we are when we ask Jesus to be part of our lives, we are then His babies.  I knew a man that was in is 80's when he was saved and I know little children.  We are all the same in God's eyes, we are all his children.  This is why we need spiritual guidance.  We need to read the Bible.  We need to pray.  We need to do these things so we can grow closer to God and to grow in Christ as little children.  

I hope my words make sense.  I just had to share with anyone that reads my blog the experience I had today.