A Hat that Fits

Friday, February 06, 2009 Aimee Larsen 6 Comments

 
My fingers have been knitting and knitting for several days now, I'm SO slow!  I try to work on it in bed in the evenings and I caught myself working a little on Sunday between cleaning the floors and fixing dinner.
Here's a close up of the stitches...I'm still missing stitches and not realizing it until it's too late.  So, since I wanted to learn how to purl as well as knit, I alternated stitches in4's.  This hat had to be bigger than the last and since I was using the same yarn, it wasn't hard to make it bigger without measuring...here's the end result.My little Evan!  It's perfect for him...I wonder if I could convince him to wear it all the time?  I'd be so proud!
In case you are new to my blog...this is only the 4th thing I've made.  I just started about 3 weeks ago.  If I can do this anyone can.  I love www.knittinghelp.com

6 comments:

  1. Wow! That's amazing that it's only the 4th thing you've ever knitted. I can only do scarves. :) I love the basketweave.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi, I clicked over from Sarah's blog.....loved your comment about the laminate samples, and just wondering where you get them???? By the way, I LOVE your blog....hope you don't mind if I "follow" you. check mine out, too, if you'd like.
    Thanks so much, and have a blessed day!

    Suzanne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am soooo impressed! I started a hat last May and it's only 2" long! Veeeery nice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow awesome! I have always wanted to learn and never took the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You need to list these on etsy. They're selling for a nice shiny penny or two!

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!