Beat my Brownies!

Saturday, February 21, 2009 Aimee Larsen 5 Comments

This isn't a, I just want to share mine. I also want you to share yours! These brownies are Dark and Rich and Dense and I top them with whatever is handy. Today, they were sweetened condensed cream, white chocolate and toasted coconut flakes. I also like to top with a a sugar glaze and chocolate curls. Leave a comment so readers and I can visit your recipe!
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
6 oz. unsweetened chocolate
2 cups of sugar
4 large eggs
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 Cup Flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup of chocolate chips
Brownies: Heat oven to 325. Grease sides of a 9 x 13 inch pan and line it with buttered parchment cut to fit the bottom of the pan. Melt the stick of butter and chocolate in a double boiler. Remove from heat. While the mixture cools, beat together the sugar, eggs, and salt until smooth. Fold in the chocolate mixture, then flour, then vanilla. Pour batter into the prepared pan, top with any toppings you want baked in and bake until the mixture pulls away from the sides of the pan, about 30 minutes. Cool thoroughly, about an hour and a half. If you need to add a glaze topping or chocolate do so now. Chill and serve with cold milk. YMMM! Sugar Glaze: 1 cup Powdered Sugar, teaspoon vanilla, add 1 tablespoon of water until the glaze is the thickness you desire and add after cooling but still slightly warm. I like my glaze runny!


  1. Yum!! I'll add it. Then there will be 2 items in the "chocolate" category. What a cure blog! :)

  2. Those look yummy, I will definitely be trying these out!

  3. For the love of chocolate those look SO GOOD.

  4. As soon as my husband buys me some chocolate chips I plan to make your brownies.

    I have been looking around for a good brownie recipe for a while now. One recipe I tried turned out as barely chocolate cake. Was yummy.... but not brownies. lol


Show the love. Major love!