Missionary Tommy Tillman

Last night, I had the pleasure of hearing Brother Tommy Tillman speak at our church.  This man will make you laugh and cry all at once.  This was the second time that I've heard him and the first time for my husband.  I wish I had recorded his message.  This man's story is amazing!  Mr. Tillman is Missionary in Thialand and Mongolia and is the only man permitted to set up hospitals and churches in the Gobi Desert.  He goes on and on about how only God could do such a thing, bring hospitals and churches and feeding centers and orphanages to such a place and he's right.  He said a few things last night that have stuck out in my mind.  One was inference to other religions..."Those religions don't serve the same God as we do, our God would never say it's okay to kill others and to murder in the name of God.  Our God, sacrificed his only Son so we wouldn't have to."  WOW!  We need to hear that more often don't we. Especially when we are fighting a war with individuals who believe differently and when so many other religious worship centers are popping up everywhere.  We need to be reminded that we all do have one God and that we need to make sure we are worshiping Him and not another.  There were many other things he told and said that made me cry, like the day a young 14 year old orphan girl stood up on the table in the feeding center and proclaimed how much she loved God, for saving her.  She was starving in the middle of the desert and had never heard of God or Jesus and looked up and said "If anyone can hear me, I'm dying, I need food, please help me, I'll only live a few more days."  Then the next day she walked up to one of the feeding centers and found a home, was Saved!  Our God IS a God of Love and wants the very best for those who love Him back!
Brother Tommy has a book called "Embracing the Untouchables"  You can read it here.This man will tell you that he's been married for 56 years and has been a minister for God for 50 years and 8 months.  He spends 4 months at a time away from his wife and family in the US but he wouldn't trade anything in the world for his work. 
I can't even explain how awesome it was to hear how much he loved Jesus and all that He does in his life and others.  I just had to share this...

3 comments:

kjvindian said...

He is one of our personal hero's. We have been supporting him through our home church for years. We are not Missionaries on the Navajo Reservation in NM. We are trying to get him to come and preach for us while he is in the states. His book is a tear jerker!!

Mitchtillman said...

I am Mitch Tillman, son of Tommy Tillman. I live in Mongolia full time and have been living here for 10 years. It is good to hear that you met my Dad. please keep us in prayer. It is a difficult place to live. God bless you.

Marty D. said...

Yes, what a great Man of GOD......He was at my home church, Maple Grove Baptist in Harrison, TN on March 18, 2012.  There are no words that describe the great message we heard. 

Your friend in Christ,

               

Blog Archive

Yep, I'm on InstaGram too. Search for thatadvocaregirl