Knitting my Heart Out!

Monday, January 12, 2009 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments

Oops!  Hope that's not a trademark infringment...knitting my heart out!
See what I've been learning to do?
Now, if you're an expert knitter, please don't judge.
Today is Monday and I picked up my needles on Friday and I started over at least, hmmm, 5 times.
I have so much to learn about this craft and I'm excited about it.
Now, I don't know if acrylic yarn is a no no but I've found it easy to work with for me as a beginner, I bought some fancy stuff and I kept messing it up, so for now this will have to do.
I found video instructions on because I just could not figure out what "casting on" meant and I still can't cast off but I'll worry about that part when I get to it.
Sorry I couldn't take a better picture of this one, it's my first "real" attempt.  It's the one I thought I wouldn't have to stop on and I could just keep going but I kept messing it up and for me, there's no since in keeping something that's messed up.  So, if you want to learn to knit, seriously go to and watch their videos.  Oh, and get a couple of needles and some yarn.  I'm sure there's better yarn out there but I'll probably have to order it.  I haven't checked hobby lobby's selection but I bet they'll have some good stuff there.  Wish me luck!

1 comment:

  1. I just started knitting about a month ago and I love it! I've made some hats and purses so far. I found a tutorial on youtube for joining in the round which was fabulous. Other than that, I also thought Leigh Ann Berry's Basic Knitting was very helpful. With detailed instructions and excellent diagrams. Have fun!


Show the love. Major love!