God Is So Good

Thursday, December 25, 2008 Aimee Larsen 2 Comments

I have to say we are blessed.  Ever since Evan was a baby I've been a depressed every Christmas that we didn't come through for the kids and we always do, money is always too tight for even Christmas.  Why I worry about my kids I don't know.  They are the best boys I could have ever asked for.  Cooper got a "new" video game console that we bought used from some friends.  He'll never know!  But he loved it.
Well, at first he didn't.  He had to learn to use it.
Jake was more concerned with finding everyones chocolate that they had in their stocking.
They all loved their dollar store toys and cared nothing for the giant Thomas coloring books.
This is the "I Spy Bag" I made for Evan but Cooper LOVED it.
He thought it was SO neat!
The best part of the whole day was after we got home and they could really look at what they'd gotten.  Alot of family had given them trains to go with their train sets and we got in the attic and found an old one of Coopers and they just happen to all work together.  Who Knew?
So, for HOURS today my husband put together the trains sets they hadn't played with in awhile and they played and played
Oh, we guess where we went?
To my grandparents for a small visit and then to WAFFLE HOUSE!
That' place totally ROCKS on Christmas Day!
The people just loved my boys and were so gracious.
It was like we got to spend Christmas with family.
 
Cooper read the ladies name tag and said is your name "Lisa" she thought, how does that kid know and asked and he said, I read your tag and I think she was just taken back not expecting a kid to go to the trouble to read someones name.  I seriously should have taken pictures but we were too busy balancing spoons on our noses, making the salt and peppa' talk to each other, discussing why they serve breakfast all day, sharing off of each others plates.  It was a blast. 2 hours worth!
I did miss spending Christmas with James family.  I don't know what the deal is with that.  We were supposed to have it here today and his mom and dad didn't want to be "tied down", then his brothers, wifes, families got moved to our planned time and I never heard back from James sister.  So, I hope they all had a wonderful Christmas and were as blessed as we were by the family we did see and the friends me made at Waffle House.
Merry Christmas!!!

2 comments:

  1. I'm convinced most children really don't know the difference between those expensive toys...and the cheapies....and when it comes right down to it...I don't think they really care....it's all about love and family...and the rest is just STUFF...glad you had a very merry christmas....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think is a Wii? My kids have had the most fun with that thing. (so has mom & dad)lol
    Looks like you guys had a wonderful Christmas

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!