Day 22: Mantels! To Decorate or Not to Decorate???

Tuesday, December 02, 2008 Aimee Larsen 7 Comments

Sunday night I wanted to decorate my mantel. I did one side in glittery oversized ornaments and the other in a snowman's country christmas. Now, I'm not much of a "country" girl but sometimes, I inherit things that are. So what's a "country" girl gonna do??? Well, scour the the internet for mantels that are suiting to my tastes of course. So...for me, limit the garland swags...they're pretty but just too much for me and find myself something new & SOOO 2009! Yep, I like to be ahead of the game! Here's what I've found...
I love the containers, and again the greenery, but I love the use of natural elements.
I like the colors of this one and the greenery!  It's very soft!
OOOO!  I love the lights!
Found this one at a totally new website called Kiddley!
It's ideas for you and your kids!  These houses are made from Christmas Cards.  YAY!  Right up my alley!
SWEET!
What I love about this mantel is that it has Christmas books...what a great reminder to read to your kid!
I'm loving Heather Donahue!
I LIKE this...I like the matchey matchey stockings!  Visit http://www.stylehive.com/
I saw this mantal and thought, I don't know what "theme" they have going on but how cool would it be to put images of the nativity scene in frames using old christmas cards or pictures printed from online.
Too pretty!
Oh Wait!
This is cute!  Look at the little Rudolph...oh and the little snow cottage...oh and the giant ornaments..oooo and the little gift packages with bows!  I just LOVE it!  That's totally for me!  That's exactly what I want.
Oh Wait!
No wonder I love it!  It's mine!
Well, everything shown except for the Chritsmas gifts, is something I already had.  I bought the little boxes at Hobby Lobby for about $.84 a piece and I bought several extra so I figure if I have cookies or something homemade to give away, I'll just grab one of these and use them!
These are the cute boxes, they even had beaded handles!
Alright!  Check back tomorrow for more Christmas ideas.  See my Advent Calendar below, I did take the envelope idea and put my own twist on it!  I don't know if it's 2009 or not but it'll probably go up again next year!  Cheers!
P.S.  Don't forget I'm giving away a free sewing pattern.  See day 24: Chic and Cheep Gifts! 
Just take a stroll through earlier posts for great Christmas ideas I've found and/or tried.

7 comments:

  1. I love all of these mantles, especially yours. I've used my Christmas books as decorations in the past and it is great to just be able to grab one and read it when it catches your eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too cute! I love how original it is!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all these ideas. Just wish I had a mantel to decorate. LOL Love the new layout and banner of the blog.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful! I am so jealous of your mantel! I actually have a post about not HAVING a mantel!

    And I L-O-V-E the envelope advent!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute! I wish I had a mantel to decorate. I like the envelope advent idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I wish I had a mantel to decorate. I love the envelope advent idea.

    ReplyDelete

Show the love. Major love!