Baby Blocks You Design!

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 Aimee Larsen 1 Comments

Baby Blocks Tutorial!
1. You'll want to cut your blocks first.  You can use either 2x2 or 4x4 lengths of wood.  Your local Lowes or HomeDepot will cut them for you.  Keep in mind, that these are not actually 2" and 4".
2. Sand your block lightly all over.  Pay special attention to corners and edges.
3. Cut your paper squares to appropriate size to fit your block.
I used an old book that had several pages torn out and it was their favorite book.
"The Little Engine That Could"
We have 3 or 4 copies so I didn't feel bad about using a "used up book"
4. Mod Podge your entire block and add your paper.  Let it dry completly.  Don't try to rush it.  The results will be much better if it is completely dry. 
5. Sand all the edges of your paper to smooth them out and make them look worn and antique-like.  You can even apply scrapbookers stain to the edges or even just wood stain to all the edges, wipe off.  I left mine raw.
6. Cover your blocks in another coat or two of Mod Podge.  I used the glossy just to be different.  Most people like the Matte finish these days but I wanted them to look shiny.

1 comment:

  1. sheer genius!!! This is a craft I might actually try to do myself. Maybe for Lucky's second birthday next month... Now if I could only find a few old Blue's Clues books to use for this project, I'd be golden!


Show the love. Major love!