Silhouettes & Monster Truck Rallies!!!!

Wednesday, November 19, 2008 Aimee Larsen 0 Comments

Yes People! The two are related! I didn't take them to a monster truck rally to get silhouettes done.
I took the below GREAT shot of Jake watching a MONSTER TRUCK RALLY...he barely even noticed I was snapping pictures. I also got some of Coop man too!
Instead of cutting and tracing, I thought HMMM what about photo shopping. I use Corel Paint Shop Pro X2. I bought it from Dell.com when I got my laptop and it is freakin' awesome! I love it. I learn something new ever day...So, here's what you do.
1. Remove all background (this made me think...if you possible go ahead and shoot your children on a dark background)
2. Use the selector tool to select parts of the face. It does it in sections unless you want to do it manually and go all the way around.
3. Grab the paintbrush tool, choose black or whatever color you want. And color in the selected areas.
4. Repeat steps 2 & 3 until almost all of your childs face is colored in.
5. Manually color in the rest by getting rid of the selection tool.
6. Create another blank image bigger than the first if you did like me and cut off the kiddo's head.
7. Copy and Paste your almost completed silhouette into a slightly bigger blank and use your memory to fill in any missing head parts.
8. Merge all parts to get the black and white affect.
YAY! You did it! Now, go do tons or pictures so you can have a wall like NieNie.

0 Comments Here:

Show the love. Major love!